OG 107 was the basic utility uniform of all branches of the United States Armed Forces from 1952 until its abolition in 1989. The designation originated from the color code "Vert Olive 107" (Olive Green 107) and " Vert Olive 507" (Olive Green 507) from the US Army, which are shades of dark green. With OG-107 being cotton and OG-507 being polyester-cotton, a blend introduced in the early 1970s. Regardless of the fabric, the two shades were nearly identical. The OG-107 was replaced by the Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) in the 1980s. It was also used by several other countries, including those that received military aid from the United States.
All versions of the OG-107 share several basic technical characteristics. They were made of an 8.5 oz. cotton-satin. The shirt could be tucked in or worn outside the trousers depending on local command preference. If the weather was warm and humid enough, troops might be allowed to roll up their sleeves (rarely) and wear the shirt outside the pants. This shirt has buttons on the front and two patch pockets on the chest closed by a buttoned flap. The trousers were straight legged intended to be tucked into troop shoes and had two front patch pockets with angled openings and two back patch pockets with a flap button.
Cotton versions tend to see the color quickly fade to gray-green, while poly-cotton (variant used in OG-507) stays dark for much longer.